My Lovelies,
I'm just so happy that May is coming tomorrow. I can smell it in the air the lovely fragrance of the month of May and personally I believe May brings more light to my life, like usually. Do you also have a strong sense or vision on something about your life that you think you can almost smell it or taste it or see it in your dream..?? I remember one day I smelled in the air that soon I would travel far, and it came true. I don't think it was only my imagination.
Anyway, I found a very interesting superstition about the month of May. Do you believe in superstition..?? well.. sometimes I do.. =)
So here is the superstition. It is said that the first thing in the morning of May 1st, young girls used to rush out into the garden to wash their faces in the May dew.
Old tale says that May dew has magic properties and that anyone who has washed their face in it will have a beautiful complexion all through the year. This dew was supposed to be able to remove freckles and also spots and pimples.
So girls.. here I mean all of you no matter how old you are but you still keep yourself as a lovely girl deep inside your heart... =) ... I think you will not rush to your garden to do so. You, just like what I think I will do tomorrow, will rush to the garden and enjoy its beauty, to feel the fresh morning breeze kissing you, and let the sun light greets you warmly.
I wish you a lovely month of May!



















6 comments:
This is something new to me, ours here says that when it rains on the first day of May, it'll be a lucky year. :) Lovely flower Ellie.
Thanks for that, mariamellie!
Beautiful post, both the words and the flower.
If i had a garden I would :)
Amazing shot :)
How poetical are you, Mariamellie! Thank you for this lovely post!
Thank you also for your kind words!
What a beautiful post to step into May! Well, I'm superstitious from time to time. Have a great May, too :). Thank you, my dear Ellie :)
Post a Comment