19.4.09

Today's Flowers: Cock's Comb


Little Bug


Indonesian Name: Jengger Ayam

Other names:
Celosia,
cock's comb, cockscomb, feather cockscomb, silver cockscomb
Foxtail amaranth, red spinach.

Latin Name:
Celosia argentea L./ celosia cristata
Genus: Celosia
Family: Amaranthaceae. Also placed in: Chenopodiaceae

A Herb

Used for:
Asthma bronchial
Fever
dysentery
chronic bronchitis

Jengger Ayam

Jengger Ayam 1

Jengger Ayam 2

Have a Lovely Weekend!

Visit more beautiful flowers around the world here:



11 comments:

Rosamaria said...

How wonderful blog you have, Mariamellie!!!!

I know this flower, but didn't know it's name, even it's properties.

Thanks for your visit.

Have a nice week.

Arija said...

Beautiful photos and great information as well as a pretty plant. Nicely done.

RA said...

Beautiful shots! I have a photo of this flower, but didn't know the name. Thank you for sharing. Have a great week, Ellie :)

Regina said...

Wow. So beautiful. You have a nice website. I like it.

Tulip said...

so lovely bright color. we have that also in the philippines.

DeniseinVA said...

Your photos are fantastic, wonderful colors and I love how you have softened the edges. Thank you very much for sharing them with Today's Flowers.

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

Nice story you got here. I'd like to read something more about that matter. Thnx for posting this material.
Sexy Lady
English escort

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool place you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such themes. I like to read articles like this. By the way add some pics :)