8.2.09

Loving Me Part 4 -- Loving What I See (Today's Flowers)

I see Mama everyday watering her roses in our garden. I love seeing her in the garden. She radiates the light of nurturing herself through her passion in gardening. She shows me the light of believing in ourselves.



I need to tell you first about our garden. It is one of the very rare green spaces in our areas. In our surroundings, there are many houses have already been renovated to be shops and the empty spaces for soil unfortunately have been cemented. The area is actually quite expensive, I mean the land. Many business people look for the houses in this area to be bought and to transform them to be shops or offices. So many people have asked us if we would sell the house. But as we love the house so much, our family do not think to sell it. Some insisted, persuading us to let them rent our garden and build a small shop there.

Oh certainly we say no way!


I must say our garden is quite irresistible. The garden faces towards the east where we have direct light of sunrise. As our house is on the corner of two streets, so the garden also faces the other direction. It has good feng shui. I think that is why the Chinese business people love it as they say our house and garden bring luck.


Our garden is not really the garden with the touch of landscape architecture. It is simply designed both by Mama and the nature itself. Mama is the queen of the garden. She plants all flowers and trees by herself. My father used to gardening too, especially with the orchid, but since he is not healthy, Mama does it alone. Me? oh don't ask, I'm bad in gardening, I just do the photo and 'finance' the garden once in a while.


The collection of our garden are varied, from flowers, fruit trees, and most importantly, herbs. The flowers are those which are considered as 'old' flowers, those from the good old days. So people who come to our garden usually say "OMG, we also had this long long time ago in the time of our grandmothers". I think we can now call our garden a 'museum'?? hihihihi...


Anyway, the flower of the month now is this Rose. We have three kinds of roses in the garden. But what I'm going to show here is the new kind one. Mama had waited patiently for this rose for years, really, till finally she got it from one family in our city. And then, it took months to grow it. And growing the rose feels like expecting a baby. We checked it every morning to make sure it was ok, as we had flood in November till early January.

Serendipitously, I love this word, I found a pic in Arija's blog
Garden Delights of a house with roses. The roses climb up the pillars of the house to the roof of the terrace. That is exactly how we imagine our rose to be. I wrote to Arija and she was just so so nice to send me the original pics of the rose though at the time she was in hospital! Thank you so so much Arija! and Mama kept saying, "oh, what a lovely pics, what a lovely serendipity!"


And so dear friends, early this month of February, the first petal appeared. Ohhhhh... we were sooooooo excited. And here I post you the pics of the roses. The "Pierre de Ronsrad" as Arija told me.


The baby petals, on the 2nd of February 2009




On the 4th, The baby was ready to bloom....




On the 6th, Look! Mira!




First Bloom




On the 7th, Blooming and Shining on a very sunny day!!!














"Loving Me means loving what I see; what I see through my eyes, my mind, and my heart"



I blow you all warmest greetings from my Garden, Happy Sunday my dear!


and Visit more Flowers here:



10 comments:

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Mariamellie

Your flowers are so beautiful but the roses are wonderful.
Thanks for sharing!
I'm very happy to see your here in TODAY'S FLOWERS!
Hope you comeback every weeks.

Luiz

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful roses ellie, i'm even thinking right now of starting a garden again. They are just lovely.

PS..thanks you liked my new layout. I also thought so, my photos would radiate in black background.

nazeee said...

OMG this just awesome.. my mother would have loved your story. She tried so hard to get roses to grow at home.

galuh said...

el, kasih foto the whole garden dong

DeniseinVA said...

A wonderful post, it was an enjoyable read and your photos are superb. I think we can all learn from what we have read here today. Thank you so much.

www.katobengke.com said...

kayaknya nih kamu pecinta bunga yah.........
mang sih kelihatan dari wajahnya bagaikan bunga yng sedang mekar.....

Barbara said...

Love the way you captured the sun shining through the roses. Beautifully done. Smiles B

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine!

Arija said...

Marieamelie, do you know the name of that rose, I have one very similar to which the name was lost in the bush fires 29 years ago. The rose regrew above the graft and I have always loved it.

Mariamellie said...

Dear Arija, I am also happy to have your visit here in my blog. I'm so sorry that we don't know the name of this white rose, nor the red one. We have no Indonesian name for them, and we don't know the latin name either. However, our new rose here is growing amazingly. This white roses stay about a week. The red one only stays for more or less two days. Both smell so lovely.

I thank all of you who have visited me. Your presence truly a wonderful present for me.