Dear all my lovelies...
Just four days ago (last friday) I read an article written by Tara Bradford of Paris Parfait on Violation of Copyrights. I think we bloggers here are mature and civilized enough to understand and apply the blogging etiquette and to avoid violating the copyrights of somebody's works.
Anyway,
Few minutes after reading I got back to my blog and found a new fellow on the list of my shinning friends in blogosphere. I hop to his blog and found many great photos...but... I smelled something I didn't like (and blocked him right away). I continued hop hop to his blog list, and to my surprise, I found out that the photos he posts on his blog are actually the photos 'owned' by others! Hmmmmm.....
I then tried to do something to prevent it to happen to me. Thank you to Tara who suggested me to license my blog through Creative Common (you can click the logo on my side bar to get to the site)... and thanks to Pacey for useful inputs and a big motivation.
But.. I see that this could not do anything to the guy I found on my bloglist. He STOLE my pictures of white roses and cat's mustache and post them on his blog! without permission, nor credit, nor any link to my blog!! oh la la... and worse, I could not flag his blog nor gave comment as he already modified his blog. Bad!
Here is the link for you to see his blog and find my photos there.
Oh well.. my photos are not that great.. I cannot even call myself as an amateur photographer. But you know, this blog and surely the photos I take mean so much to me as this is all about my self-rediscovering on my new musings, new hobby, that bringing back the light to my soul let me keep believing in myself, keep on shining and blooming.. that what this whole thing means to me!
Funny, for few hours I closed my blog, let me cooling down a little bit. Reflecting on this. I am sorry for those of you who tried to visit me but could not get in to my blog.
I know you all my lovelies who visit me yesterday, today, and tomorrow understand me so much. I thank you all who have left me with such a wonderful comments and encouragement on this blog.
And so..
let me dedicate this picture to you all who have been so appreciating to my blog, and most importantly, to your own loving works.

Mariamellie


















11 comments:
He must have smelled something here too, hahahah... Welcome back Ellie.
So I say, Let it be. Keep on shining in this happy shiny blog of yours!
Please don't stop a your blog.
I was always looking forward to yor blog. Please don't stop.
I'm not understnd english. If your meaning is different,I'm sorry.
You shouldn't be stopped!Mariamellie Please!
Thank you Pacey for such encouragement! and thanks for accompanying me through the few hours of my absent from blog.. ahahaha...
Thank you Kazu, no I will not stop! and yes you are right, I shouldn't be stopped! I love your words Kazu!
I saw his blog and indeed I saw your photos. I couldn't comment, so istead I sent him an e-mail, telling him that these photos are not his and that he took them from other bloggers. I don't know what else we can do. It's annoying!
Oh my god...I m getting more and more worried day by day since I post large sized images on my blog.
Now this need some thinking. Thanks for the insight.
I am so sorry you have had this upsetting development. Your photos are beautiful and it is sad when this type of thing happens but I am afraid that there are always unethical people out there who will steal what we create. But I am a great believer in Karma, they will always be found out in one way or another. By the same token, your light will always shine through in your beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing such beauty with us. I also want to say how much I enjoyed learning about your Indonesian Heroine, R. A. Kartini. After seeing her in your side-bar, I researched her story and found it a powerful one. She was an amazingly brave lady and one to be admired.
I am sorry about ur bad experience. Just believing in ur self, which I am sure you really do will make u ignore such incidents... Please, keep shining! I really like ur photos!
Take care, Blessings
Salam ziarah dari Pak Karamu
Hi Mariamellie, I hope that everything is now okay! Hugs, Wil
That's good that all is settled with you and this CUTE guy, hahahah.... I did check the site, and it's been deleted. Hope he's got no new blog elsewhere!!!
wahahahah!!!!
Smile ellie~
Dearest pretty Ellie,
Firstly I'm so sorry for being late to be back to you but I didn't forget you at all. As you see I'm busy and I can be late to catch all correspondence just in time.
Regarding copyright thing..
Well, I see you found a way to protect your page.
In my first days I was trying the same like you. Later on, I saw no way, no guarantee. I even don't believe the way you found will make a sense. Anyway it's of course your preference.
All I can advice you is that when you wake up, seek the strength and courage to do the right thing on your page because I think it's the best, and have no idea better than this: "Think less control, more influence"
If you believe you can't then you go for writing a book w/ high copyright rules:)
I enjoy reading your page, and do continue show yourself. So beautiful photos and very inspiring content. Rest is not important.
Much Love~
Post a Comment