I wondered, "Where have I been all this time?" It was a sunny morning. I felt sunny just like the morning and my heart and my walk were so light I could fly like an Angel. I was actually on the way to my English class, as I usually have every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, when I spontaniously got off the car, walked to the river bank, and took some snapshots of my shinning silvery river of Mahakam. This time sunrise was on the river. Beautiful! Our river, Mahakam, rising in the highlands of Borneo in Long Apari district, flows as far as 400 miles (680 km) east-southeast, crossing our city Samarinda the capital of East Borneo (48 km or 30 miles from the river mouth) , and to the Makassar Strait , in a wide delta. I wished I could sail away on my shining silvery river on a boat that brings me to one of my best friend Dewi Putri in Makassar. "Sail Away, Sail Away, Sail Away…" singing with Enya….. I really loved to watch those boats on the harbour… those are boats that transport the coals from the coal mining in the hinterland of East Borneo, some are of vegetables and fruits, while others are for those going to the hinterland or to Sulawesi, the Celebes island in the east. As I turned my head to the west… I see another panorama.. A man alone in his boat facing to the west… Our Grand Mosque facing the east stands confidently, it is one of a phenomenal architecture in our city, a landmark. This is the color of 'Air Mahakam', the river water… this is typical river in Borneo, the water is yellow. The myth is that those who ever taste the water will always come back to East Borneo. 
I was amazed on how beautiful my home city is.
~~~~~~~~~~
And my heart keeps singing… this time is with Sarah Brightman's The Journey Home…
The journey home is never too long
Your heart arrives before the train
The journey home is never too long
Some yesterdays always remain
I'm going back to where my heart was light
When my pillow was a ship I sailed through the night
The journey home is never too long
When open arms are waiting there
The journey home is never too long
There's room to love and room to spare
I want to feel the way that I did there
And think my wishes through before I wish again
The journey home is never too long
Home hopes to heal the deepest pain
The journey home is never too long
Your heart arrives before the train
Not every boat you come across is one you have to take
Now sometimes standing still can be the best move you ever make
The song is dedicated to Dewi Putri, Keep on Shining! Emit your Light!

























5 comments:
tante.......CANTIIIKKK..aku jadi ingin bermain-main ke sana.. hehehehe
foto yang banyak kapalnya bagus el...
mbak upi..ak juga jd pengen kesono nih
Come to my Land!!
ayo main ke tempat ku...
The River, the Land, My Home, and I am waiting for you All...
Love
owwwwhhhhh....
thats too perfect to comment...
speechless ell...
dunno what to say...
but I like the the words "keep on shinning emit your light" hehehe..
trus aku juga suka
"Women are not the moon. Emit your own light!"
apik ell,, apik..
dalam bgt artinya...
trus foto2 nya... artistik bgt...
punya nilai seni...
aduh... apa sih ell yang ga bisa km lakukan dlm hidup ini..? hehehee
thanks ya...
btw, can I copy, and paste it to my status in YM...? hahaha
cakep2 fotonya. jadi pengen pulkam nih.
BTW, aku dah pernah sailing sampe delta mahakam loh pas smp ato sma, aku lupa. cakep banget loh. sampe ke deltanya banyak ubur2. Kau harus ke sana, trus ambil fotonya, trus posting di sini, ok?
Post a Comment