4.1.09

DREAM HOUSE

"There's no place like Home"

Yesterday, my best friend Isnani showed me her dream house. She said, "ellie, I want to show you my dream house". So there we were, riding a motorcycle (with her two little children!), we scrolled through a neighborhood in sub-urban Samarinda my home city.

Having found the house, I felt like having found a treasure that long time had been forgotten and now was the time to be discovered.

Suddenly, I was brought back to my root; my culture and my natural land, a home sweet home ala traditional people of Borneo.

The house is truly special. It stands with its identity of environmentally friendly, culturally so Borneo, and its humbleness. The house is made with love for family, and especially carefully thought and planned with architectural touch and consideration.

It just stands there irresistibly confident among the modern but boring houses in its surrounding.

I must say that nowadays many houses are built with modern touch (read: adapting western houses) but loosing the ability to be friendly with the actual natural environment and culture.



Look at the three boys playing under the coconut and banana trees....


Anyway, sorry that the photos are not so good here. I did a hurry snapshots as I actually stole the pictures of this house.

But Isna and I have promised to ourselves that soon we will knock the door to meet the owner of the house and get their permission to take more photos of the house and perhaps make a feature of the house as well.

After all, we were so happy to see the house. And having the dream house in our hearts and minds, we felt so light for the future to come. It is a big motivation!

2 comments:

Mirza said...

Terima kasih sudah bikin semua orang tau tentang my dream house... I really appreciate that. Aku udah sering kesana cuma jalan-jalan aja, liat-liat, aku juga selalu ngerasa gak cukup, beberapa teman sudah aku ajak kesana juga...dengan di posting blog ini mudah-mudahan banyak doa yang mengalir untuk kami sehingga bisa punya rumah yang nyaman banget. Doain ya...viewers...!!!!

Mariamellie said...

Your very welcome dear,
I was just so excited with your dream house, I also sent the pics to Gabriel.

Moga cepet terkabul doa dream housenya!!

XO