31.5.09

Today's Flowers # 42: Fragrant Orchid


Dear lovelies,
thank you so much for visiting me today through Today's Flowers.
And thank you so so much for Luis Santili Jr. of Today's Flowers for inviting me
as the Guest Friend today.

Today I welcome you all with this "Anggrek Dupa", one of a very well known orchids in East Borneo. This darling has a lovely fragrance in our Garden. Hmmm... can't you smell it?

Anggrek Dupa 1

Anggrek Dupa 2


Dendrobium Anosmum


Dendrobium anosmum var. huttonii
Kingdom: Plantae
Division: Magnoliophyta
Class: Liliopsida
Order: Asparagales
Family:Orchidaceae
Subfamily: Epidendroideae
Tribe: Dendrobieae

Sepals and petals are white, lip is magenta.
5 to 10 cm wide with fragrance,
found in the lowland forest of Malaysia, Laos,
Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia,
and Papua and New Guinea
at elevations of around 1300 meters.


Have a Lovely Sunday and a Great Week ahead!


35 comments:

Terri said...

Ohhh, I wish I could smell it! What a beautiful orchid! Thank you for showing it to us.

Anonymous said...

Lovely!! Like Terri, I wish I'm able to smell the sweetness of that gorgeous flower :)

Luiz Ramos said...

Beautiful orchidaceae.
Thanks for share it. And its fragrance!!

VALKYRIEN said...

That is one of the most gorgeous orchids I've ever seen! And your photos are incredibel! So elegant! Both shots and flower!

Congrats on being on the Today's Flower site! :)

Pat - Arkansas said...

So beautiful... and fragrant, too! How lovely! Thanks for sharing photos of this gorgeous blossom.

Juliana said...

Beautiful flowers

My entry this week: in HERE. I hope that you can stop by as well. Thanks

Arija said...

Lovely Orchid Marianellie. i too have Orchids this week.

sunnymama said...

These are simply gorgeous! Beuatiful pictures :)

Laerte Pupo said...

The Dendrobium Anosmun is a beautiful orquidea.
I have one too, but it is white.
Thanks for sharing.

Tink *~*~* said...

They are like little angels - look, they have wings :)

Tink *~*~*
Jacaranda in bloom at the 2009 Flower and Garden Festival

Naturegirl said...

A gorgeous entry as a guest host today!Orchids are so special...they speak an exotic language of their own!

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Hi Mariamellie!

Wonderful orchids you posted!
Thanks for posting for TODAY´S FLOWERS!
Luiz

April said...

Such a lovely orchid and a beautiful photograph!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Maria: What neat captures of the wonderful Orchid.

jabblog said...

Golorious photos of gorgeous blooms

Ebie said...

Beautiful orchids and I could smell it from here!

Sara Chapman said...

Not crazy about the pop-up window, but the flower photo is lovely. Wish all orchids were fragrant. Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize it's one of the dendrobiums ellie until you mentioned it. Looks like a different flower of the dendrobiums, so beautiful and exotic looking. I've miss you now, I know you're busy at these moments. :) Have a great time always! Hope you'll be back on the blogland soon.

Willa said...

it's so beautiful! I can even smell the fragrant. My sister back in the Philippines have the same orchids in her backyard.

2sweetnsaxy said...

How beautiful! Both the flower and the photos are gorgeous!

marLou said...

I love orchids and these are gorgeous!

Rosamaria said...

Wonderful orchids, Mariamelle, as wonderful are all your photos. Congratulations! You were a perfect guest friend!

Have a nice week!

Tulip said...

beautiful dendrubium flowers. congratulations you were chosen as guest friend. no wonder you have beautiful flowers. have a nice day ahead.

mimi said...

stunning dendrobium flowers, love the color and its vibrant color. congratulations for being chosen as the guest friend today.

Minie said...

wow congratulations for being the guest friend. that's nice. i love your dendrobium flowers so healthy and pretty.

Blossom said...

Anggerik Dupa. Weird name but very beautiful flower.
Congrats on being Today's Guest friend.

amanda said...

So luminous and delicate, just lovely!

RA said...

Beautiful macro shots! Have a wonderful week, my dear :)

Day4plus said...

Totally beautiful and yes I can smell it. Yummy!! MB

Arija said...

Nice shots of the same Orchid you posted last week.

MedaM said...

Your orchids are really lovely and your photos are excelent!

RA said...

I'm so sorry, I just realized that you were yesterday's guest friend on Today's Flowers. I have been suffering from sinusitis and didn't participate. Congrats to you, dear Ellie :)

nonizamboni said...

Gorgeous and as beautiful as this orchid is I'm just sure it smells even sweeter!
Thanks for sharing.

DeniseinVA said...

Fantastic flowers. Thank you for sharing them.

Julie said...

Your flowers are lovely. Great capture