1.6.09

Up Close and Personal

Dear Lovelies,
I don't know how much I thank you all my dear blogging friends for visiting me, giving me support and appreciation in your lovely words!

And it is truly a treasure to meet you all. You all have proved to me that we can touch each others souls in this unique way, of blogging! It is a real treasure to get to know your blogs, interests, arts, beautiful works, that you all present in your blogs! Really, for me it is a real treasure! It is so lovely to receive your supports and sharing! Really make my day and put a big smile on my face!

So today I decide to appear up close and personal to greet you all.

Me


For me blogging has been such a therapy in which I discover myself more through the photos I take and the words I wrote for this blog. I am amazed on how this all going so far that makes me tremendously happy, for what I discover about myself: my new hobbies, my interests, my new talents.

It is truly a treasure to get to know more about myself.
I didn't know that I would fall in love with botany and gardening as much as I fall in love with Political sciences and International Relations. It was also a real treasure to re-discovered my old hobbies like knitting, embroidery works, and home design!
Guess soon I will be a diplomat all at once a gardener, an artist, and a designer .. and a blogger! =)

The past few weeks have been surprisingly busy for master degree scholarship application, and so the weeks were all for writing the papers and documents required. Finally the application was sent last Tuesday to Fulbright of American Indonesian Exchange Program. But some more application will be coming like for Australian Development Scholarship (ADS). Anyone of you apply for the same scholarship..?? tell me..! =)

And since last Wednesday till Sunday I was quite occupied by my niece's wedding... ya ya.. my niece got married =) and it was both fun and challenging for me doing the peyote and beads embroidery for my Kebaya, the Indonesian traditional women dress that I wore as you see in the picture! =)

Anyway, a little update about Mama's Garden, some new darlings flowers are coming, some photos are taken already but I'm still not able to upload them.. well.. let's see...ooohh I still have some translation jobs and some materials I have to prepare for my classes. =(

Anyway, have a lovely week ahead to all of you!
Thanks so much for keep visiting me!

and oh... it has been a long time not checking something from the Mellow Yellow Monday... =)

MellowYellowBadge

Cheers everyone!

10 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Beautiful, just lovely. Best Wishes for everything. So nice to meet you and thanks for sharing your great photo.
Visiting from Los Angeles for Mellow Yellow Monday.

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely photo and it is so nice to 'meet' you. Wonderful post! Look forward to visiting often.

SouthLakesMom said...

You are beautiful and the yellow is stunning on you! I hope your Fulbright application goes well. I'm in the Wash DC area and have been involved with the students studying at the law school at American University who are on Fulbrights.

RA said...

That's a gorgeous Kebaya, Ellie. It suits you well. Hope everything goes on great at your part of Indonesia :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! You are so beautiful ellie. Great to see you up close. The hairstyle suits you and the Kebaya is really a great artwork, entails so much patience. And congratulations on your scholarship. Hope you continue blogging, as youre little escape from the stressful world.

Julie said...

Lovely yellow shot and the Kebaya is just beautiful. I have enjoyed visiting your site.

Vicky said...

yeah a gorgeous lady in a beautiful kebaya!all the best in your future undertakings.

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Hi Mariamellie,

Congratulation for this post!
You are also so beautiful!
Congratuletion for your success in TODAY'S FLOWERS!

Luiz

Rosamaria said...

Mariamelle, you are a very pretty woman! Hope you always have success!

Arnaud said...

Happy to see you Mariamellie :o)

You are a very talented woman!