12.8.08


Prologue: on a rainy day I saw a poster shop along commonwealth avenue in Boston, I went in a looked around. I found a poster with these beautiful words and I thought “I need this to support me”. I hang it on my closet’s door that I could see it everyday. When it was time for me to go back home I gave it to my sister, I wrote all the words in my diary and brought them home. I think it’s just nice if I can share this to ones I know, and you are one of them. Hope it will help you as it helps me.

THE COURAGE TO BE MYSELF

I have the courage to…………….

Embrace my strengths

Get excited about life

Enjoy giving and receiving love

Face and transform my fears

Ask for help and support when I need it

Spring free of the superwoman trap

Trust myself

Make my own decision and choices

Befriend myself

Complete unfinished business

Realize that I have emotional and practical rights

Talk as nicely to myself as I do to my plants

Communicate lovingly with understanding as my goal

Honor my own needs

Give myself credit for my accomplishment

Love the little girl within me

Overcome my addiction to approval

Grant myself permission to play

Quit being responsibility sponge

Fell all of my feelings and act on them appropriately

Nurture others because I want to, not because I have to

Choose what is right for me

Insist on being paid fairly for what I do

Let limits and boundaries and stick by them

Say ‘yes’ only when I really mean it

Have realistic expectations

Take risks and accept change

Grow through challenges

Be totally honest with myself

Correct erroneous beliefs and assumptions

Respect my vulnerabilities

Heal old and current wounds

Savor the mystery of spirit

Wave good-by to quit

Plant ‘flower’ not ‘weed’ thought in my mind

Treat myself with respect and teach others to do the same

Fill my own cup first, then nourish others from the overflow

Own my own decision

Own my own excellence

Plan for the future but live in present

Value my intuition and wisdom

Know that I am lovable

Celebrate the difference between man and woman

Develop healthy, supportive relationship

Make forgiveness a priority

Accept myself just as I am now

0 comments: